Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Flying...

This morning I woke up in Ontario and tonight I sleep in Wisconsin.

My work has me travelling a lot; last year I took approximately 60 individual flights. This year it will probably be more.  I'm not complaining though, I like travelling.

It still seems awesome to me that I can go to sleep half way around the planet from where I woke up.  (It seems even more awesome to me that my employer thinks I'm useful enough to be worth flying all over the world.  But that's another blog post, for another day).

By the way, I mean "awesome" in the literal sense, not the teenage exclamation.

The flight home though, that's the flight I look forward too.  Waking up seven time zones away, travelling five and a half thousand kilometres on planes, trains and taxis and then, finally, getting into bed with Hayley, at home, on the same day, is really awesome.

And that I do mean in the teenage sense. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment